The Coastal Multifamily Housing Council (CMHC) offers council members a variety of educational programs and events.
The CMHC Education & Events Committee is open to any interested CMHC member. This meets monthly (except August and December) to discuss ideas and plan programs to offer council members throughout the year. Most recently, the committee has developed a new educational series, "Be In The Know", which will be offered at no charge and will be conducted via Zoom.
Our last educational webinar for 2023 will be held on December 13 - Preparing for Winter - presented by Servpro of Chesapeake North.
Here’s what’s on tap for 2024 (to date). All dates are tentative and subject to change.
"Be In The Know" Webinar Training Series: 10 a.m. - noon (there is no charge for these webinars but you must be a CMHC member to participate)
- January 23 - Dealing with Difficult Residents - Racheal Dembitz, Clark Whitehill Enterprises
- February 22 - Mold Remediation - First Atlantic Restoration
- March 21 - Electrical 101 - BELFOR Property Restoration
- April (to be determined)
- May 9 - HVAC 101 - BELFOR Property Restoration
- September 12 - Emergency Preparedness - First Atlantic Restoration
- October (to be determined)
- November (to be determined)
Educational Opportunities (additional fees apply)
- February 27 - Fair Housing webinar with AJ Johnson
- March 5-18 - Practical Apartment Management (PAM) School (held in-person at CVBIA office; no classes will be held on Friday, March 8 or March 15; final exam March 18)
- April (to be determined) - VRLTA webinar with Chip Dicks
- October 3 - Fair Housing webinar with AJ Johnson
Events (additional fees apply)
- April 19 - Olympics (held in conjunction with the CVBIA Picnic) Khedive Temple, Chesapeake
- July 11 - Associates' Showcase & Awards of Excellence Celebration, Virginia Beach Convention Center
- September 19 - Battle of the Bowlers, Indian River Lanes, Virginia Beach
- November 14 - Kick Off The Holidays Party, New Realm Brewing Company, Virginia Beach